#Vitamin Lead 8
Vitamin Lead is a polyphonic synth for Organelle S/M with a subtractive synthesis engine inspired by classic virtual analogue synths like the Nord Lead and others.
*Important* This patch will only run on Organelle S or M models, not the original Organelle hardware. It was designed to run on OS 4.2. (Older OS versions have not been tested.)
This patch for Organelle features over a dozen presets with readily accessible “morph” controls that map to multiple parameters in the synth engine.
More detailed control is available by editing patches in Pure Data, in Organelle’s “desktop” mode.
* Patch folder renamed to `VL8-v2`.
* New ADSR envelope code.
* Added ‘Current’ option to preset menu so you can go back to the current patch settings without selecting a preset.
* Changed MIDI CCs for Morphs (knobs 1-4): now cc 60-63.
* Experimental: the Organelle ‘save’ and ‘save new’ commands (Organelle system menu -> Storage) are handled now and will save the current morphs / sound as the launch setting for the patch.
Note: some of the presets have multiple morphs that map to overlapping synth parameters, which makes them dependent on the order of turning the knobs. This means that when a saved version of the patch is opened from the Orgnalle menu, it may not sound exactly as expected (but it should be pretty close).
*Important: if you use an external MIDI controller read below.*
* The original version of this patch received notes directly from PD’s [notein] object, as well as Organelle’s [notes] object, which would result in duplicated notes if “MIDI In” is enabled in the Organelle’s MIDI settings menu. In this version [notein] has been disconnected by default. Make sure to enable “MIDI In” on the Organelle menu if you want to use an external device to control VL8. You can return to the original behaviour if you enable the “MIDI Direct” toggle switch in the VL8 patch in Pd. (Make sure to restart VL8 if you make any changes to your MIDI setup.)
* Added velocity sensitivity setting for amplitude and filter cutoff.
* Added channel aftertouch for amplitude and filter cutoff.
* Added a new “velocity” morph that can be used to map parameters to incoming velocity, and reacts on a per-voice basis.
The preset list below indicates – with (v) – which presets respond to velocity and aftertouch from an external controller.
* Implemented MIDI CC messages for all patch parameters. See list below for details.
* Added the Cookie Factory (v) preset.
* 8-voice regular polyphony, or 4 unison voices
* Per-voice velocity (Amp, Filter Cutoff, Velocity Morph)
* Channel Pressure (Aftertouch)
* Two oscillators per voice
* Triangle/Saw/Pulse/Sin/Noise Waveforms
* FM modulation of OSC 1 by OSC 2
* Hard sync of OSC 2 by OSC 1
* One filter per voice (LP1/LP2/HP/BP)
* ADSR amp envelope
* ADSR filter envelope
* AD modulation envelope (FM Amount/OSC 2 Pitch)
* LFO modulation per voice (OSC 1&2 Pitch/OSC 2 Pitch/Filter Cutoff/Pulse width)
* Four mappable “morph” controls
* Midi CC In
* Launch the Vitamin Lead patch. The initial screen is the *Preset Menu*.
* Turn the encoder knob to highlight a preset on the menu. Press the encoder knob to activate the selected preset.
* The patch will be activated and the current *Patch Settings* page will be displayed.
* Start playing the patch using the Organelle keyboard.
* Select *Home* and press the encoder to return to that Organelle system menu.
* Select *Current* to go to the Patch Settings / Patch Mode screen for the currently programmed sound.
* Turn the encoder knob to switch pages between the *Patch Mode* page and the *Morphs* page.
* Press the encoder knob to return to the *Preset Menu*.
###Patch Mode Page
* **Knob 1**: Enable or disable *Unison Mode*
* **Knob 2**: Determine voice detuning that applies to voices in *Unison Mode*
* **Knob 3**: Determine stereo voice separation that applies to voices in *Unison Mode*
* **Knob 4**: Select the active Organelle keyboard octave
* Knobs 1 – 4 affect various synth engine parameters depending on the preset.
These knobs can completely alter the character of the sound!
They are not mapped to the same synth parameter between presets, and each morph knob may be mapped to multiple parameters. Tweak generously and explore.
When unison mode is disabled, Vitamin Lead 8 has eight voice polyphony.
When it is enabled, the voices are paired up, and you get four voices of polyphone.
## Pure Data Patch Editing
### Quick Tips
If you would like to edit patches in more detail, you will find more parameters exposed in the Pure Data interface. You are invited to attach a monitor/keyboard/mouse to your Orgnalle (or use VNC) to access these parameters.
0. Vitamin C
1. See Saw
4. Nine Volt
6. Personal Jexus (v)
7. Half Glassed (v)
9. Chip Challenge
10. Sweetie (v)
11. Tipster (v)
13. It’s a sin
15. No Mouth
17. Cookie Factory (v)
18. Pool Snare
19. Trip Rep
##MIDI CC Received
| Parameter | CC \# | Values |
| Morph 1 | 60 | 0\-127 |
| Morph 2 | 61 | 0\-127 |
| Morph 3 | 62 | 0\-127 |
| Morph 4 | 63 | 0\-127 |
| Patch Level | 7 | 0\-127 |
| Organelle Octave Shift | 17 | 0\-127 \(maps to a range of \-3 to \+3 octaves\) |
| Unison | 16 | 0\-1 \(off/on\) |
| Unison Detune | 86 | 0\-127 |
| Unison Spread | 87 | 0\-127 |
| LFO 1 Freq | 19 | 0\-127 |
| LFO 1 Shape | 20 | 0\-127 \(triangle = 64\) |
| LFO 1 Destination | 51 | “0\-4 \(nil, osc12 freq, osc2 freq, cutoff, pw\)” |
| LFO 1 Amount | 52 | 0\-127 |
| LFO Note Reset | 82 | 0\-1 \(off/on\) |
| Mod Envelope Attack | 56 | 0\-127 |
| Mod Envelope Decay | 27 | 0\-127 |
| Mod Envelope Dest | 28 | 0\-127 |
| Mod Envelope Amount | 29 | 0\-127 \(\+/\- 0 = 64\) |
| Mod Envelope Loop | 89 | 0\-1 \(off/on\) |
| Osc 1 Type | 30 | “0\-5 \(nil, tri, saw, pulse, nil, sin\)” |
| Osc 2 Type | 31 | “0\-5 \(nil, tri, saw, pulse, noise, sin\)” |
| Osc 2 Tune \(Semitones\) | 78 | 0\-127 \(\+/\-0 = 64\) |
| Osc 2 Fine Tune | 33 | 0\-127 \(\+/\- 0 = 64\) |
| Osc FM | 70 | 0\-127 |
| Osc Pulse Width | 79 | 0\-127 |
| Osc Sync | 35 | 0\-1 \(off/on\) |
| Osc Mix | 8 | 0\-127 \(64 = equal\) |
| Amp Envelope Attack | 73 | 0\-127 |
| Amp Envelope Decay | 36 | 0\-127 |
| Amp Envelope Sustain | 37 | 0\-127 |
| Amp Envelope Release | 72 | 0\-127 |
| Amp Envelope Peak | 83 | 0\-127 |
| Amp Velocity Mod | 85 | 0\-127 |
| Filter Envelope Attack | 38 | 0\-127 |
| Filter Envelope Decay | 39 | 0\-127 |
| Filter Envelope Sustain | 40 | 0\-127 |
| Filter Envelope Release | 41 | 0\-127 |
| Filter Envelope Peak | 88 | 0\-127 |
| Filter Velocity Mod | 45 | 0\-127 |
| Filter Type | 44 | “0\-4 \(LP1, LP2, HP, BP\)” |
| Filter Cutoff | 74 | 0\-127 |
| Filter Resonance | 42 | 0\-127 |
| Filter Envelope Amount | 43 | 0\-127 |
– @samesimilar October 2023, Toronto Canada.