Seq8: Launchpad Step Sequencer

Seq8 is a 8×8 step sequencer for the Novation Launchpad.

It’s still a bit rough around the edges but it’s already a lot of fun!

USAGE:
Seq8 needs to communicate to and from the Launchpad on MIDI channel 1, so by default it emits the drum events on channel 2. You will need to disable sending channel 1 MIDI from Mozaic to the drum machine.

You need to use a host that can block MIDI channels

Route Seq8 to and from the Launchpad, and route Seq8 to the drum machine of choice. Then, in AUM, edit the target drum machine’s MIDI settings and disable Channel 1 so that the drum machine ignores the launchpad MIDI.

Set MIDI notes and swing amount at the top of the code, no GUI for configuration yet.

Press pads to set notes in the sequence. Press the top row to set the pattern length to shorter sequences.

Some issues:
– reloading state will not re-load the state on your launchpad.

Author
143 PM
  • State: Work In Progress
  • Platform:
  • Category: Sequencer
  • Revision: 1.0
  • License: MIT
  • Views: 2,058
  • Modified: 10 months ago
Chat about this patch on Discord! Download (60)
Appreciate 6
7 comments on “Seq8: Launchpad Step Sequencer
  • peblin on said:

Looks so cool :) I wish I had a Launchpad!

• Irena_Svetlovska on said:

Great to see this. Trying it out later. :) As one of those dodgy parasites who just uses other people’s Mozaic scripts because they can’t write their own, I’m holding out for a knob thingy or whatevs (?) to make it as plug and play as poss. First world problems, etc… ;]

• Ian on said:

Which drum apps have you successfully used this with?

• inakarmacoma on said:

Trying to get this to work with a Launchpad Pro. I can certainly get sounds and keys mapped, but when I tap on pads in PROGRAM mode, sometimes the red lights show up as intended, Other times, not at all. Unsure what I’m doing wrong.

• Dliriouz on said:

Hello,
    I try to follow what you explain but I am new in this Mozaic’s world and I don’t know how programming. Could you explain more precisely please ?

• DavidVoy on said:

I have a Launchpad Pro too and is there a way to make it work with this?

• Jay Zen on said:

I have a problem with the script, it plays notes which are somehow already in there and I can’t find the right lines to disable them, they play a rhythm which I can’t control? They’re playing on CH2, ofc I have disabled ch1.

Could you somehow update the script without this already set pattern? Other than that, how exactly is the midi mapped? Do I need to set this just in the notes line and from there it goes up other octaves using it as a base?

I’m lost :-(