I made the jump from v1 to v2 because this version partially breaks compatibility, though it’s easy to upgrade :
IF YOU REPLACE V1 WITH V2, PLEASE REMOVE ALL TOLERANCE ARGUMENTS (typically 0.02) OTHERWISE IT WON’T WORK
scroll down for changelog
It is a very simple knob/parameter page system and preset manager for Critter & Guitari’s Organelle. Just pick up your value where it was last time, and save it !
The main.pd is a very simple dual osc / dual lfo synth example with two pages of parameters and one page of preset save and recall for you to experiment with.
Have fun !
– enough for Organelle-only usage
– simple to use (i think)
– can make an awful lot of Organelle patches much better !
– make your mind about which parameters you want to save
– no sudden value jump, no value crossfeed between pages
– scale and offset your values according to use : who needs to display a 10^-6 precision always-changing number ? This is for your synth, not for the user !
– no need to patch your display messages twice as with most other page system attempts!
– once your pot value is overriden by a recall, its LOCKED. It won’t move until you want it to move.
CONS (by design)
– won’t work atm if you open two o-knob enabled patches, because you can’t isolate two different o-knob systems, though for recall only it should work well.
– can only save floats (ie no native preset names, though you could easily display one)
– saves pot position [0:1], not your carefully-crafted scaled and offset value.
Fun fact : It all started when i tried to understand what the hell the [override] abstraction was for.
I’m open to suggestion about modifications, though i really think it’s enough for my use and most Organelle patches.
If you ever need a crazy full-featured state-saving system, i highly recommend kollabs/ds : <a href="https://github.com/m—w/kollabs" rel=”nofollow”><a href="https://github.com/m—w/kollabshttps://github.com/m—w/kollabs</a>
CHANGELOG for v2;
-Added [threshold 0.001] to prevent pot noise
-Changed pick-up method from “we’re close enough” to “we’re past the old value”, fast dialing is now possible
-Removed need for tolerance argument
-Moved existing documentation to example patch
-Due to the [threshold], it’s sometimes (really rarely) hard to pick extreme values as 0.99707 in [0:0.99707]
-make it a state machine
-remove all user doc from browsing and presets
-make real help files
-make browsing and presets abstractions instead of subpatches