This is an updated installer to use as a starting point for developing software that utilizes Monome Grid hardware. It currently relies on serialosc, the official monome osc server to be installed on the Organelle. An installer patch is included.
– Critter + Gutari Organelle
– Tested with Monome 128 Grid Grayscale (non varibright), other Monome Grids should work
– Powered USB Hub
How to Use
– Copy the example patches to your Organelle’s USB drive or SD card.
– Plug in the Monome in via USB. Note: The Organelle’s USB port doesn’t supply enough power for a Monome 128 Grid to light all its LED’s, a powered USB hub was required.
Run SerialOSC-Installer first. This patch installs the serialosc binaries and libmonome shared libraries to the Organelle’s OS. It also adds serialosc as a daemon that runs at startup.
– Plug in the Monome Grid via USB
– Press AUX to start installation
Upon a successful installation, the display should notify you if it is connected and active and the Grid’s light should illuminate. Pressing a key will light it up.
SerialOSC Installer patch.
Monome Basic Poly
Inidividual Monome Keys illuminate when pressed and trigger the Basic Poly voice patch that shipped with the Organelle.
Various Grid apps examples ported to PureData from Aleph via https://github.com/boqs/pd-grid, including
Note: These apps do not make sound, but can be used as a starting point for your patches.