Utility to make it easier to batch copy / paste sample kits between different folders / patches.
The Kit Manager (based on @axlwaii’s File Manager) is designed to make it easier to copy all samples from a selected folder, rename them, and paste to a different folder.
My goal for this utility was to make it easier to swap sample kits in different patches available for the Organelle.
When copying samples from a folder, Kit Manager will look for all existing .wav files inside the folder.
When pasting samples, Kit Manager will also give you the options to backup existing wav files and rename the new files to #.wav or sample_#.wav (or keep original filenames).
Kit Manager is not designed to manage individual files but @axlwaii’s File Manager does a great job at that.
## How to Install
Download the .zip file, place it in your Patches folder (or under a Utilities subfolder), reload Mother, and select the Install Kit Manager.zip
## How to Use
– Open Kit Manager
– Navigate to the folder that you want to copy samples from
– Select the “> Copy Samples” option to copy all .wav files
– Navigate to the destination folder
– Select the “> Paste Samples” option to paste all copied samples.
– If Kit Manager finds existing samples inside the destination folder, it’ll ask if you’d like to back them up (to a backup folder inside the destination folder). Please keep in mind that all existing wav files found in the destination folder will be deleted.
– Select if you’d like to rename samples or keep the original filenames.
– Select the “<– Quit" option to return to the main menu
The MIT License
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the “Software”), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED “AS IS”, WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.