WHAT IS THIS PATCH?
Chordi makes chords from recorded samples and then loops a customizable four-chord progression.
HOW DO I USE THIS PATCH?
A typical use case would be:
1. Record an audio sample
2. Dial in desired sample settings: start point, envelope, etc.
3. Dial in your four chord settings: chord type, roll rate, volume, etc.
4. Start chord progression loop.
5. Set Tempo
6. Add Delay
7. Set Filter
8. Revisit the above steps in any order as needed.
To do any of the above steps you will need to use the ‘Aux Menu’. The Aux Button controls the ‘Aux Menu’. When you press Aux for 0.2 seconds, a new menu is displayed on OLED Screen for as long as you hold Aux. To select an Aux Menu command/Page, use the Top Row of Organelle keys. There are 10 possible commands selected by the 10 keys. The low C# key selects Top Left command. The High A# key selects the Bottom Right command. The Command Grid is to be read from top left to bottom, then top right to bottom.
The following Pages are available on the Aux Menu’s Left Column:
• Chord 1: Select chord type, length, roll rate, and volume.
• Chord 2: Select chord type, length, roll rate, and volume.
• Chord 3: Select chord type, length, roll rate, and volume.
• Chord 4: Select chord type, length, roll rate, and volume.
• Delay: This page has the delay effect settings.
The following Pages are available on the Aux Menu’s Right Column:
• Rec: Record up to 24 individual samples. Each sample is assigned a key. Press and hold a key to Record Enable it. Record starts when audio level crosses threshold. Recordings are ended by pressing Aux button or after 20 seconds. Knob1 sets Record Volume. Knob2 sets Monitor Volume. See Note below about Audio Thru.
• Samp-Sett: Select sample with Knob1. Knob2 is sample start point. Knob3 is sample length. Knob4 is sample envelope.
• Loop-Sett: Knob1: Loop Tempo. Knob2: Chord 2 transpose. Knob3: Chord 3 transpose. Knob4: Chord 4 transpose.
• Filter: Sample filter settings page.
• Play On/Off. This is a control toggle. If chord progression loop is turned ‘On’ the progression starts and loops. A progression status page will be displayed. You can navigate to any Aux Menu page and the Status page will disappear. After no knob movement for 5 seconds, the Status page will reappear. Moving a knob will remove Status page. The Status page is unavailable if Play is set to ‘Off.’
The keyboard plays the current selected sample.
Note: Monitor Volume allows input Audio Thru even when not recording. This is useful when you want to play thru on top of a chord progression.
If you like your settings, don’t forget to ‘Save’ in the Storage menu.
Foot Switch is disabled for this patch.
Absintalsem [CC BY-SA (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0)]