Stereo compressor inspired by the classic SSL master bus compressor.
Made with clever use of two ‘tb_peakcomp’ achieving a similar detector reaction to the classic SSL (louder of the two between mid and side signal) and sidechain input!
Cool included features:
– Custom VU meter
– Detector highpass filter:
• (This is active on “sidechain >> 0”).
– SELECTABLE SIDECHAIN INPUT :
• 0= current module (as normal).
– Bandpass sidechain filter
• (This is active from “sidechain >> 1 to 10”).
– Makeup gain saturation
– All the other controls (ratio, attack, release etc.)
– Momentary Bypass:
• (press and hold the Aux Button to hear the uncompressed signal and bypass the compression)
Detector HPF and BPF parameters are acting on the detector only (the signal driving the gain reduction) and not on the output signal, so you won’t hear them directly but you hear the effect they have on the compression.
Let’s say you want to sidechain your bass from a drumloop but you want only the kick to drive the compression.
On the bass compressor select the sidechain input corresponding to the module playing the drumloop and adjust the BPF parameters to pick the frequency of the kick.
Then adjust ratio/attack/release to taste.
– Slightly adjusted detector gain structure.
– Fixed a typo about the number of sidechain selection on the .json file.
– Added some more info about the sidechain selection in the description.
– Implemented Aux button “momentary bypass mode”.
– Redesigned attack and release controls (with labels) to match the SSL.
– Removed pd~ sub-process as it proved to be not efficient for this module (some modules benefit from pd~ more than others), this improved latency and CPU load.
– Added aux labels for sidechain selection, attack time and release time.
– Changed default parameters for a more transparent compression when module is loaded.