Inspired by Chords of Orion and the frankly mesmerising ambient guitar work on his YouTube channel I have created a guitar effects chain based on his inferred guidance.
Compressor -> Distortion -> Delay -> Reverb with a looper before the delay.
– The first 6 white keys are for accessing the pages. Hold an effects page and press AUX button to bypass it (delay and reverb tails will still ring out).
– The first 3 black keys are for looper functions.
– An expression pedal controls volume input for swells.
– There’s a LPF to the input as my guitar is quite noisy, there’s a slider in the main.pd file to change the cutoff frequency if it doesn’t suit anyone’s taste.
I have a MIDI guitar pedal on the way so will add some extra mappings when it arrives. :)
Thanks to @thetechnobear and @jasl from the Organelle forums for helping sort some case sensitivity issues! :)
– Marco Baumgartner for looper (ported to Organelle by spoitras, see http://forum.critterandguitari.com/t/audio-looping-on-the-organelle/159/3)
– Critter & Guitari for distortion, delay and reverb effects (from their 13 FX patch)
– Varun Nair for compressor (http://designingsound.org/2013/06/tutorial-a-compressor-in-pure-data/)
– Chords of Orion (https://www.youtube.com/user/chordsoforion)