Adding filter to blips
[UPDATE 19/06/2017 => final version, new features!]
This is a port for the Organelle of Martin Brinkmann’s generative patch “Adding_blips”.
What’s new is Organelle controls, VCF (auto or manual), bpm control, latency control.
Original patch here:
Since the original patch was entirely automatic, I added a little bit of control with the whole VCF part that I made from scratch.
The VCF is controlled either by the Organelle knobs, or automatically by the original patch’s [random] objects.
To sum up, I hooked up the VCF controls for cutoff and Q to the preexistent randomization functions of the patch, but you can switch off this automated filtering.
– Aux: start/reset generation
– Knob 1: control tempo (bpm, quarter note) be careful, when turned to 0, things get pretty crazy.
– Knob 2: set latency between three options (4ms, which is the Organelle’s default latency; 10ms, which is the best latency for an Organelle use; 50ms, which is the best latency for my own laptop)
– Knob 3: control the Q of the VCF (when in manual mode, left and right channels are linked)
– Knob 4: control the cutoff (when in manual mode, left and right channels are linked)
– Key #60 switches between automatic random, or manual Q and cutoff for the VCF.
This is just a patch I modified as an exercise, to try out PD.
All critics welcome! Cheers!
Credits: Martin Brinkmann for the original patch